The Landscape Park Duisburg Nord is arguably the most beautiful urban oasis in Germany, and certainly one of the ten most beautiful parks in the world. Nature, industrial heritage and a fascinating spectacle of light combine in a unique way to create a park landscape unlike any other in the world. The park was the lighthouse project of the International Building Exhibition Emscher Park and is still a symbol of the development of the post-industrial cultural landscape of the Ruhr District. It's a leisure park, photo motif, recreational area, events venue and significant monument of industrial history.
Following, we have listet some publications that have made the park their topic:
- European Route of Industrial Heritage (2016): European Industrial Heritage: The international story.
- Latz, Peter (2016): RustRed. Munich
- Lubow, Arthur (2004): The Anti-Olmsted. In: The New York Times Magazine, 6, S. 47-53.
- Moore, Rowan (2015): The 10 best parks. In: The Guardian, 7 August 2015.
- Technische Universität München (2009): Learning from Duisburg-Nord. Munich
- Zieling, Günter / Winkels, Ralf (2009): Landschaftspark Duisburg-Nord. From Ironworks to Themepark. Duisburg